Bonnie Blog

The ramblings of one Charles Stuart

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Christ, kid, you're a weirdo...

I've been here a while now so I decided to immerse myself in all things Australian, and thought perhaps a good way would be to watch a few Australian films.

Stuff 'Crocodile Dundee'. I thought I'd go a little more weird, so, at a mate's suggestion, got out Bad Boy Bubby and The Proposition.

Whoooah! Bubby is genius.

And I've always liked Nick Cave. The Proposition is amazing. I knew it must have been hard coming out here as a convict (bloody English know how to treal a fella). The way they did the whole 'how grubby you'd be living in colonial times' really was eye-opening. And the unculture/cultured thing. Very interesting film.

I've been told to watch Puberty Blues next.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your heading to Melbourne you might try "Malcolm" - a lot of fun and a very Melbourne film....

14:26  
Blogger Charles said...

Thanks, I'll look out for it.

Didn't mind Romper Stomper either.

14:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home