Bonnie Blog

The ramblings of one Charles Stuart

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Now that was a whirlwind visit.


I get a call from Pierce (a very old mate) very early Saturday morning. Seems he's having a wee shindig just south of Cancun (yes, the one in Mexico). Not only does he insist I'm there, but has made all the arrangements. So before you know it, I'm on the plane. Didn't even have time to leave the Melbourne digs in any reasonable order (apologies to Dana).

So I arrive in Playa del Carmen. Staying at a lovely place right on the beach, Basico. Old water tanks as pools on the roof. A polaroid camera chained to my bed. Apparently the same in all the rooms. Not posting any of those shots here, however. (Not that i had any, of course, But some of the other guests...).



Spent a bit of time at the beach club (don't let anyone tell you that the OC hasn't influenced anyone in Mexico). And I'm pretty sure I saw Fidel chilling. Don't believe the reports about any illness.

Anyway, the party that night's at Deseo (same guy who owns the hotel - and a new found friend of Pierce's). On the roof of an old cinema. All nineteenth century furniture with a Mexican outdoor twist. Quite a nice idea, really. Might see if I could use the same idea at some of the parties I'm hosting here (I'm writing this back in Melbourne).

Good party. The night of the angry crabs. But talk about a flying visit. Will have to get back there soon.


Now I'd best get ready to go out tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home