Bonnie Blog

The ramblings of one Charles Stuart

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A bonnie tip.

The day that stops the nation. I'm lucky to be here for it. And more's the point, in Melbourne and heading to the Moët tent. But first - why not be like everyone else and pretend I know more than I do about the big race?

Initially, I liked Zipping, because of his hard to avoid form and the jockey factor with the boss on board.

Others I like for a nibble each way are 'Maybe Better' and 'On a Jeune'. On a Jeune seems a seasoned campaigner and smart enough to go all the way.

All in all though my heritage governs my sure bet with my UK compatriot, Yeats, to take it in a nail bitter. (And Geordieland's just a bit far south for my liking).

So my tips are

1st- Yeats
2nd- On a Jeune
3rd- Zipping

Box these 3 and you will not be disappointed.

I'll also have a tidy little sum on the nose for Yeats to win.

Good luck.

Now, off to the race.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back on your pony, Charlie boy! Your tips are pants.

11:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geordieland's my pick for a win, while Zipped is the only thing you're close to getting a pay out on Charlie Boy.

11:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get real Charlie - Efficient is going all the way.

11:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah all the way home - it's scratched doofus

11:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Charles,

If you get a chance to read this before you head out I'm going to be in the Channel 7 tent with Jennifer make sure pop in.

Good Luck!

Jane.

11:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you Charlie, Yeats is looking tippy top.

11:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Charles.

I ran into Morgan in Sydney last week and she said you were in Australia. And more's to the point heading to the race.

I'm over for a meeting - good timing wouldn't you say?

Might see you out at the track. Foster's tent. (And I thought Australians said they didn't drink the stuff).

I'm back off to Blighty Thursday. You in Edinburgh for New Year?

Hope to see you there.

Rupert

11:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You migh be able to pick the ladies but certainly not the horses......

"box' what? as if you know what you are talking about? have a chat with someone in the bar of the Como, did you?

Just kidding mate, have a look at Mandala, i think he will be pretty handy.

ten to one you buy me a Libertine somewhere later though. or pop in to the bar i'm working till late.

Cheers Big Ears

Sean

11:33  
Blogger Damian Wrigley said...

race tips from a prince, how regal!

Zipping all the way, no invaders ever will our Melb ' Aussie " Cup!!!

Thanks anyway chuck.

11:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had nothing.

You got nothing.

10:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Charlie,

Saw your mates got the gig at the Melbourne Cup. Wondered why you stayed in melbourne. i saw you dancing outside cookie, are you sure you're not the fifth member?

Sean

15:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home