Bonnie Blog

The ramblings of one Charles Stuart

Monday, October 30, 2006

Went to the ARIAs last night.

Thought I'd take a front row (or table) seat and see if the Aussies were giving us Scots (or Glaswegians, more specifically) a run for our money in terms of taking the music world by storm.

Now I could go through an indepth account of the evening (Silverchair were pretty amazing).

But, for me, one thing stood out. Or four.

Now everyone's got their boy bands and I'm not bagging that. (Shame they have to exist but it's a fact of life). But doing an album of Motown covers? And then trying - being the operative word - to perform them live. Bad enough. BUT. And here's the big one. Playing them to a room full of musicians who - you'd think - have all had a listen to the original Motown stuff in their time.

(Here's a hint: the ones with the Motown label on them are by people who can sing.)

Now it may be the best selling album. But I'm guessing the people buying it aren't pulling a Motown record off the turntable and putting the boys on to see how they compare. BECAUSE THEY DON'T!

Anyway. Enough from me. Apart from that an interesting night.

Thanks for the tickets Michael.

Sorry. I could get started about their dance moves now. But I'll spare you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home